Parmigiana stuffed meatballs
View in original language
- Ground beef (Duckling or Rump) | 500 g
- Minced Garlic Cloves | 2 unit(s)
- Tomato sauce | 400 g
- Dijon Mustard (or other) | 2 teaspoon
- Panko flour (or processed stale bread or breadcrumbs) | 50 g
- Dried thyme (or other seasoning you have) | 1 g
- Dehydrated Oregano (or other seasoning you have) | 1 g
- Smoked paprika | 5 g
- Gorgonzola in cubes of about 5 g | 80 g
- Extra virgin olive oil | to taste
- shredded mozzarella cheese | 200 g
- Fresh chopped parsley | to taste
- Salt and Black Pepper | to taste
- In a bowl, combine the meat, garlic, tomato sauce, mustard, flour, thyme, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Divide the meat dough into portions of about 35 g, open in the palm of your hand, fill with a small cube of gorgonzola and shape the balls, tossing from one hand to the other a few times to compress each one, which will make them keep in shape.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, distribute the meatballs evenly and drizzle a drizzle of olive oil over them.
- Place in a preheated oven at 230°C to pre-bake for 20 minutes. After this process, you can freeze some if you are not going to eat them all.
- In an oven-safe container, place the remaining tomato sauce, the warm meatballs and top with the mozzarella cheese. Return everything to the oven for about 30 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through and the cheese is browned.
- Finish with the chopped parsley and just serve with a very tasty pasta. Enjoy your food!
Did you like this recipe?