View in original language
- Filet Mignon | 1 kg
- Black pepper | to taste
- Egg | 1 unit(s)
- Water | 1 tablespoon
- Butter | 1 tablespoon
- Assorted mushrooms, thinly sliced | 2 cup
- Medium onion, thinly sliced | 1 unit(s)
- Wheat flour | 2 tablespoon
- Puff pastry package (1 sheet, thawed) | 1/2 unit(s)
- Cabbage leaves | 2 unit(s)
- Spoons of Dijon Mustard | 2 tablespoon
- Heat the oven to 200 °C. Place the meat on a grill and, if desired, season with black pepper. Bake the meat for 10 minutes. Transfer to a mold and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Turn off your oven and after an hour you can turn it on again. Then beat the egg and water in a small bowl using a fork.
- Heat the butter in a skillet. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are tender and all the liquid has evaporated. stir often
- Dust a surface with flour and unfold the sheet of puff pastry. Roll out your dough until it forms a rectangle wider than the meat. Brush the dough with the egg mixture and with a spoon add the mushroom and onion mixture over this puff pastry before placing the meat, leaving a centimeter of space to close it. Arrange the meat in the center of the mushroom mixture. Fold the dough over the meat and press to seal. Now, place in the baking dish, closing the sides well and folding the ends to seal. Brush the outside of the dough with the egg mixture as well.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until your recipe is golden brown. If you have a cooking thermometer, insert it into the meat. If it reads 60 degrees, you're done.
Did you like this recipe?