View in original language
- Potato | 1 kg
- Butter | 1 tablespoon
- Salt | to taste
- Nutmeg | to taste
- Egg | 1 unit(s)
- Wheat flour | 2 cup
- Cook and mash the potatoes well until they form a very uniform mass, without lumps.
- Then add the butter, salt, nutmeg and egg. Mix well by kneading the dough until all the ingredients are well mixed. Then add the wheat flour little by little and knead the dough until it is smooth and homogeneous.
- The point is when the dough gets a little soft, but doesn't stick to your hands.
TIP: The exact amount will depend on the potatoes, some are more watery and you may need to add a little more wheat flour to finish. Then roll the dough on a smooth surface and flour, forming a cord.
- Cut this string into pieces to shape the gnocchi.
TIP: It's important that you flour the surface where you're going to leave the gnocchi, so they don't stick.
- The dough is ready! Now just take it to cook. Place the desired amount in a pan of boiling water. When you put it in the water, the gnocchi will sink. The moment they rise, remove them immediately with a slotted spoon. Drain the gnocchi and transfer them to a serving dish or bowl.
- Drizzle with the sauce you prefer (Tomato Sauce, White Sauce, Meat Sauce, etc.).
Did you like this recipe?