Semifredo with red fruit syrup
View in original language
- Fresh cream | 500 ml
- Canned condensed milk | 1 unit(s)
- Fresh or frozen berries (can be just strawberries) | 400 g
- Sugar | 1/2 cup
- Lemon | 1/2 unit(s)
- For the syrup, place the fruit and sugar in a pan and let it boil.
I like to put the broth of 1/2 to 1 lemon in the syrup, before taking it to the fire, it looks great.
- For the cream, leave the cream in the freezer for about 20 minutes, put it in the mixer with the condensed milk and beat until it becomes a smooth and homogeneous cream. The point I left was one point less than the whipped cream point, it took about 5 minutes in my mixer, on medium speed. Be careful not to over beat and whittle.
- As soon as I finished beating I added the zest of 1 Sicilian lemon to the cream, but it's totally optional.
Place in a silicone mold or line a mold with plastic wrap to help unmold.
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
Unmold and put the syrup on top, it melts fast so it's time to serve and store again.
I found the texture very smooth and creamy, not too sweet... I thought it was perfect!
- It is possible to replace the fresh cream with two cans of canned cream without the whey and ice cream.
Perfect for Christmas and New Years too!
Did you like this recipe?