Cauliflower Meatballs with Gluten-Free Cheese Sauce
View in original language
- Cauliflower | 1 unit(s)
- Oat bran | 170 g
- Egg white | 1 unit(s)
- Diced onion | 1 unit(s)
- Minced Garlic Clove | 1 unit(s)
- Chimichurri | 1 tablespoon
- Water | 1/2 cup
- Mixed seeds for breading | 1 cup
- Ricotta Cream (for the sauce) | 200 g
- Milk (for the sauce) | 1 cup
- Cornstarch (for the sauce) | 1 teaspoon
- Grated Parmesan cheese (for the sauce) | 1 cup
- Cook the cauliflower: in a pan, brown the chopped onion and garlic. Then add the cauliflower, water, a pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon of seasoning and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes until it is very soft;
- Process with the mixer and after that add this mixture in a bowl;
- Add the egg white, adjust the salt, if necessary, and gradually add the oat bran, stirring until you reach the ideal texture. The dough is a little sticky. To shape the meatballs, moisten your hands. That will make it easier.
- As soon as you shape the meatball, pass it in the seed mix to coat.
- Spread the finished meatballs on a greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes, turning halfway through so they bake evenly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: In a small saucepan, mix the milk and cornstarch with the heat turned off. After the starch is well diluted, add the ricotta cream and mix.
- Turn on the heat and cook until thickened, over low heat, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with the sauce.
Did you like this recipe?
You may also like
Cauliflower in the oven
Cauliflower in white sauce au gratin