Vegan Lentil Meatballs
View in original language
- Raw Lentils | 1 cup
- Oat flour (or rice flour) | 1 cup
- Large onion | 1 unit(s)
- Salt to taste. | 1/3 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil. | 1/3 cup
- In a large pot, cook the lentils until soft;
- Drain the water and transfer to a large plate. Knead with the help of a fork, it doesn't need to be homogeneous, you can leave some whole grains to give the hamburger texture;
- Chop the onion into cubes and brown in vegetable oil. To make less dishes dirty, I suggest you brown the onion in the same pan used to cook the lentils;
- Mix the mashed lentil with the golden onion, chopped parsley, salt to taste and oatmeal (or other flour); if you want to add olives and cilantro that is also great.
- Model the hamburgers in the size and thickness you want;
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil and fry the hamburger on both sides until golden. The hamburgers you are not going to eat, freeze them without frying for the next few days.
Did you like this recipe?