FRESH VEGAN CASHEW CHEESE 😋
View in original language
- Cashew or skinless almond | 75 g
- Water | 375 ml
- Lemon Juice | 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Clove | 1 unit(s)
- Agar-agar | 1 dessert spoon
- Pepper | 1 to taste
- Nutmeg Powder | 1 to taste
- Salt | 1 to taste
- Soak the cashews for about 4 hours.
- In a food processor, add: The soaked cashews, garlic cloves, ½ cup of water, lemon juice, brewer's yeast and seasonings to taste (you can add more seasonings here). Grind everything (speed 7) for about 1 minute. Reserve
- In a small pot, heat 1 cup (250ml) of water and the agar-agar, stir. When it boils, count for 8 to 10 minutes, always stirring very well, until the agar-agar has completely dissolved. This process will enable agar-agar to be activated.
- After this time, turn off the stove and mix the liquid with the cashew sauce. Grind everything very well at maximum speed for 1 minute.
- In a round or rectangular glass tupperware, quickly transfer all the mixture and let it cool.
- When cool, store in the fridge until solidified (about 1 to 2 hours).
- Unmold the “cheese” and serve with toast.
Did you like this recipe?