Fit Beans with Saffron
In a partnership with@delirec
View in original language
- Black beans | 500 g
- Onion | to taste
- Garlic | to taste
- Bay Leaves | 3 unit(s)
- Oregano | to taste
- Turmeric Powder | 1 teaspoon
- Salt | to taste
- Leave the beans to soak in water for at least 24 hours and change the water when it forms a kind of foam.
- After this time, discard this water and take the beans to a pressure cooker, add water until everything is covered.
- Add the powdered spices, salt and bay leaves and cover the pan closing tightly.
- Cook until you get the pressure and when it starts to sizzle let it cook for about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the pan and wait for all the pressure to come out.
- When you open the pan, take a ladle of this beans without the broth and reserve
- Saute onion and garlic in a small pan
- Add the reserved beans and crush together with the onion and garlic.
- Return this mixture to the pressure cooker and mix well.
- Ready now separate your beans in glass pots and you can freeze beans for the week 😉
Did you like this recipe?