Cornmeal Cake with Spices
View in original language
- Mimoso cornmeal | 270 g
- Sugar | 160 g
- Wheat flour | 110 g
- Water | 200 ml
- Plant milk (soy, oat, almonds, etc.) | 180 ml
- Lemon juice | 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil | 80 ml
- Salt | 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder | 1 dessert spoon
- Cloves | to taste
- Chemical Yeast | 1 tablespoon
- Nutmeg | to taste
- Fennel | to taste
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all liquid ingredients in another bowl.
- Add the liquid and dry mixtures and beat very well with fouet.
- Pour into a large shape with a central hole (or two small ones) previously greased and floured.
- Bake in a preheated medium oven for about 25 minutes (do the toothpick test to see if it's perfectly baked).
- Unmold and serve.
It is delicious while still hot with coffee or tea.
Did you like this recipe?