Tripe Soup with Bacon and Vegetables
View in original language
- Pre-cooked tripe cut into pieces500 g
- Chopped Bacon150 g
- Large onion1 unit(s)
- Minced garlic cloves3 unit(s)
- Medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes2 unit(s)
- Medium carrots cut into slices2 unit(s)
- Ave Maria pasta1 cup
- Chopped green chili to taste
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Boiling water1 l
- Olivia Olive Oil1 teaspoon
- In a large pan, cook the pre-cooked tripe in boiling water for about 15 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- In another large pan, fry the bacon over medium heat until golden and crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan where you fried the bacon, add a little olive oil, if necessary, and sauté the chopped onion and garlic until they are transparent.
- Add the cooked tripe to the pan with the sautéed onion and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Let it cook for a few minutes to incorporate the flavors.
- Add the cut potatoes and carrots to the pan. Cover with enough boiling water to cover all the ingredients and more.
- Let cook over medium heat until the potatoes and carrots are soft.
- When the potatoes and carrots are cooked, add the Ave Maria pasta to the soup and cook until the pasta is al dente
- Add the chopped green chilli and the reserved fried bacon. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve hot and enjoy the delicious tripe soup with bacon and vegetables!
- This recipe makes approximately 4 servings