french onion soup
View in original language
- white onion | 600 g
- unsalted butter | 50 g
- 1/2 cup dry white wine | 1 unit(s)
- wheat flour | 1 tablespoon
- vegetable or meat broth | 1 l
- thick slices of firm bread | 6 unit(s)
- grated Gruyere cheese | 150 g
- salt and black pepper | 1 to taste
- Peel the onions and cut them into half moons. Reserve;
- In a large pan melt the butter and slowly brown the onion. Add the white wine and let it reduce by half;
- Put the wheat flour and stir well to incorporate. Then add the vegetable or meat broth and cook over medium heat for approximately 30 minutes. Taste and add salt and black pepper if necessary;
- Place the soup in individual ovenproof containers, cover them with the bread slices and sprinkle with a generous amount of grated gruyère;
- Take it to gratin until the cheese toasts. Serve immediately.
Did you like this recipe?