Traditional Pãoliça and Gluten-free Pãoliça
View in original language
- French bread | 2 unit(s)
- Arepas, just the pasta | 4 unit(s)
- shredded mozzarella cheese | 250 g
- Tuscan sausage | 6 unit(s)
- Open the French bread and knead the crumb
- Remove the sausage casings and knead the dough to break the shape. At this point you can add more seasonings or fresh herbs this goes according to your taste, I chose to use the sausage without adding any seasoning.
- Stuff the bread halves and Arepas with the grated mozzarella.
- Put the sausage dough covering all the cheese, press the dough well so that the cheese does not run out while it is baking.
- Place the stuffed breads and arepas on a sardine grill and place on the lower level of the grill for about 15 minutes with the sausage side down, this will "seal" the sausage dough and prevent the cheese from escaping.
- After the first 15 minutes, raise the grill to the middle floor of the grill, and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked through.
- Turn the bread side over to the fire for a maximum of 5 minutes, so that the breads and arepas are lightly toasted and crispy, serve hot.
Did you like this recipe?