🇬🇧United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland•
View in original language
- mashed potato [cold]1 cup
- slightly warm water200 ml
- egg1 unit(s)
- unsalted butter [room temperature]1 tablespoon
- sugar1 tablespoon
- salt2 teaspoon
- wheat flour5 cup
- dry yeast1 tablespoon
- In a bowl put all the ingredients and start mixing them with your fingertips. When the dough becomes more homogeneous, move it to a floured surface and start kneading it, ideally you do this for about 15 to 20 minutes, it is important to activate the gluten and leave the dough at the right point. If you think you need it, you can add more wheat flour - always little by little. Almost all bread recipes work this way. If you prefer, use the planetary mixer or the bread machine;
- Cover the dough with a clean cloth and let it ferment in a warm place [inside the oven off and with the light on is the ideal environment] for approximately 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size;
- After rising, squeeze the dough gently in order to remove the air from inside it, model it as you wish and let it rise again – this time for 45 minutes;
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes at 210° (preheat the oven for 20 minutes before baking). Baking time depends a lot on the type of oven, so I suggest you check your bread after 20 – 25 minutes.
- TIP: I sprinkled rennet cheese on the bread in the photo, you can also use parmesan. Have fun and remember: the more you consume food produced by you or by producers that do not use chemical additives and other poisons, the better for your health!