Italian bread 10 folds
View in original language
- Wheat flour | 500 g
- Organic Yeast | 5 g
- Salt | 10 g
- Filtered water | 350 ml
- Mix the salt, wheat flour and yeast in a bowl.
- Add all the water and mix in the flour. When the dough is homogeneous cover with a cloth and take it to rest in a warm environment without draft for 20 minutes.
- After resting for 20 minutes, make 10 folds in the bread, as if pulling the side of the dough and bringing it back to the center, rotating the bowl, going all the way around the bowl. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Altogether there will be 4 moments of 10 in 10 minutes to make the 10 folds. After you finish making the folds of the fourth moment, let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- After this time the dough will be very big and full of bubbles. Flour the countertop and pour the dough. Gather the sides of the dough in the center, as if it were the folds we made earlier and when it forms a ball, turn it over.
- Transfer the dough to an iron pan lined with Dover nonstick paper and cover. Let rise for another 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to maximum temperature.
- After 30 minutes, open the pan, sprinkle some water (this will leave a very crispy shell), sift some wheat flour and make cuts with a stiletto or a very sharp knife.
- Bake for 25 minutes, after that time reduce the oven to 200 degrees and remove the lid of the pan. Bake for another 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pan and let bread cool for at least 10 minutes on a wire rack or griddle before slicing. If on bread, slice and freeze.
Did you like this recipe?