Homemade natural yogurt - YouTube: Nhac GNT - Rita lobo
View in original language
- Type A whole milk1 l
- Unsweetened natural yogurt. 1 Pot.170 g
- Remove the yogurt from the refrigerator and leave it at room temperature; it must not be cold when mixing with the milk.
- Preheat the oven to 240 ºC (high temperature) for 15 minutes after this period, turn off the oven and keep the door closed to maintain the heat.
- While the oven is heating, place the milk in a medium saucepan and place over low heat.
- Stir gently with a spatula for about 15 minutes until foam starts to form on the surface.
- * Attention do not let it boil! At this stage it is important to stir to prevent the formation of cream.
- If you are using a culinary thermometer, measure the temperature; the milk should reach 90 ºC.
- Transfer the milk to a ceramic, glass, or iron pan. The more heat the container retains, the better it will keep...
- ... the growth temperature of lactobacilli.
- Let the milk cool, stirring occasionally, until it turns warm.
- To check the temperature, place your index finger into the milk and you should be able to hold it for 10 seconds.
- If you are using a culinary thermometer, the ideal temperature at this point is around 45ºC.
- * This is a key point in the recipe when it is very hot, the milk can kill the microorganisms responsible for the formation of yogurt...
- ...when it is too cold, it does not stimulate their growth and activity.
- Place the yogurt in a small bowl and mix well with a ladle of warm milk until dissolved.
- Add the mixture to the rest of the milk, mixing gently.
- Cover the bowl with film and wrap it in a thick cloth or blanket, the idea is to keep the milk warm.
- Place the wrapped bowl inside the heated oven (turned off) and leave for at least 8 hours until the yogurt forms.
- *This process can take 8 to 12 hours, depending on the ambient temperature. If you prefer, prepare it the night before.
- Once ready, place the bowl with the yogurt in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Consume pure, with honey or fruit.
- Also try using Homemade yogurt in the following recipes: yogurt with coconut and honey, yogurt bag with coconut, tzatziki, ayran or yoghurt cake
- NOTE: If you prefer, instead of preparing the yogurt in a large bowl, distribute the warm milk mixed with yogurt in 8 individual glass jars with lids.
- * Tip: instead of using the heated oven, you can keep the bowl wrapped inside a thermal bag and along with...
- ...hot water bottles (closed) so you can keep the milk warm throughout the night.
- Recipe link: https://youtu.be/lrpCST_wu_c?si=856XoqvOZ9Q0c0oX