Goat Cheese Terrine with Caramelized Nuts
View in original language
- Creamy goat cheese300 g
- Fresh cream400 ml
- Garlic Clove1 unit(s)
- Colorless unflavored gelatin12 g
- Salt to taste
- Nuts200 g
- Refined sugar300 g
- Honeycomb1 unit(s)
- Caramelized Nuts: Place the sugar in a frying pan and let it caramelize until 170ºC, without stirring (between 6 and 8 minutes).
- Place the walnuts on top of the caramel and mix everything together. Put the mixture on top of the silpat or if you don't have it, it can be on top of the marble and let it cool. Chop the walnuts and set aside.
- Terrine: First, hydrate the gelatin by adding 50ml of water to the gelatin powder. Mix well with a fork and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Take the mixture to the microwave for 15 seconds or heat it up on the stove (never let it boil as your gelatin loses its “gelatinizing” power).
- Mix well to get everything homogeneous.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender with the gelatin already hydrated.
- After mixing everything together, pour the mixture into a greased terrine pan.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes and serve with the caramelized walnuts on top and the honeycomb on the side.