Fogazza - Italian Pastel
View in original language
- Wheat flour | 800 g
- Refined sugar | 20 g
- Fresh Organic Yeast | 15 g
- Olive oil | 50 g
- Whole egg | 01 unit(s)
- Refined salt | 10 g
- Boiled Potato (Mashed without salt) | 150 g
- Whole milk | 200 ml
- Mozzarella (Stuffing) | 250 g
- Cooked Ham (Stuffing) | 250 g
- Seedless Tomato (Stuffing) | 150 g
- Oregano (Filling) | to taste
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, and salt. Soon after add the egg, olive oil, whole milk and the mashed potato and mix some more. Finally add the yeast and knead this dough until it is uniform and very soft.
Place in a larger bowl (the dough will rise) or mold and cover with a damp cloth. Let it rise for 1.5 to 2 hours. Note This time depends on the weather, if it's too hot, leave it for longer and if it's colder, let it grow longer.
Important: if it's too hot you can put less yeast too, about 10g.
Once the dough has risen, roll it out with a rolling pin until it's thin and cut with a rim or wide glass.
- Cut the mozzarella and ham into cubes (or pass through a coarse cheese grater). Chop the tomato also into cubes and season with a little salt. Mix all these ingredients in a bowl and add oregano to taste.
- Finally put this stuffing in the dough and close as in the photo (as if it were mini calzones).
Fry in oil at 180 degrees until golden.
Did you like this recipe?