Delicious beet bread
View in original language
- Plant milk (or milk) | 125 ml
- Olive oil or oil | 1 tablespoon
- Organic Dry Yeast | 1 unit(s)
- Sugar | 2 tablespoon
- grated beetroot | 1 unit(s)
- Whole wheat flour | 1 cup
- White wheat flour | 1.5 cup
- Add the warm milk, oil, yeast and sugar in a bowl and stir gently.
- After grating the beetroot, squeeze it well in a sieve to remove all the water. Add the beetroot and 2 cups of flour to the previous container (reserve 1/2 cup for later). Start stirring with the spoon and, when it is partially incorporated, it's time to stick your hand in the dough. Gently stir in folds in the dough until all the flour is incorporated. Add the remaining 1/2 cup and do the same process of stirring with your hands until incorporated.
- Form a ball, cover with a dish towel, and let it rest in the oven for 1 hour. After this period, flour the sink, place the dough and knead for about 5 minutes. If it starts to stick to the sink, flour it again.
- Cut the dough and form balls (mine was 7) and place on a greased baking sheet. Cover again and let it rest for another 1 hour. Form smaller balls with the dough (mine was 18) and bake in a preheated oven (5 minutes and 200°) for 10 minutes.
- You can also use only wholemeal flour (I advance that it gets slightly bitter) or just white flour!!
Did you like this recipe?
You may also like
Beetroot sauce for pasta
Cake of Beetroot
Chapati Bread (Pitta)