Confit tomato bruschetta
View in original language
- Italian bread or baguette1 unit(s)
- cherry tomato400 g
- Basil to taste
- Red onion1 unit(s)
- Thyme to taste
- Olive oil1 cup
- Garlic3 unit(s)
- Oregano to taste
- Black pepper3 unit(s)
- Refined salt to taste
- Wash the tomatoes and place them in a roasting pan with the bottom covered with olive oil.
- Cut the garlic cloves into slices and spread over the tomatoes. Season to taste with oregano, thyme, some basil leaves and salt. Place the 3 black peppercorns and drizzle with the rest of the cup of olive oil.
- Bake in the oven on high power until the tomatoes are wilted but swollen with oil. Usually between 15 and 20 min.
- Remove the tomatoes and let them rest while you cut the bread into thin slices. If you can cut it crosswise to make it more beautiful.
- Put in a shape and light on high power to toast and get crispy. Do both sides of the slice. CAUTION: burns very easily. Keep an eye out for turning when golden.
- To serve, place the candied tomatoes on top of the slices (2 to 3 tomatoes). Add 1/2 teaspoon of finely chopped red onion and 1 fresh basil leaf.
- Finally, add a pinch of fleur de sel or freshly ground coarse salt.
- Serve all this on a wooden board and enjoy.