View in original language
- Chicken thigh and drumstick | 1 kg
- White onion (large) | 1 unit(s)
- Turmeric | 1 dessert spoon
- Garlic | 3 unit(s)
- White rice (raw) | 250 g
- Egg | 2 unit(s)
- Wheat flour | 1 cup
- Panko flour | 2 cup
- Chicken or vegetable broth (plus) | 2 l
- Soybean oil | 2 l
- Salt and Black Pepper | to taste
- Chives | to taste
- Season the chicken with garlic (finely chopped), salt and black pepper. Place in the fridge and let it flavor for at least 3 hours. (If you want, add 3 tablespoons of vinegar together).
- Fry this chicken in a pan with very hot soybean oil. Fry slowly so as not to form too much water. Let them take color and be golden brown. If necessary, add a little boiling water to remove it from the bottom of the pan. (Be careful not to sneeze)
- After frying all the chicken, remove the excess soy oil and leave just enough to fry the onion. Put the onion in brunoise (small minced) and when it is well caramelized add the saffron and fry quickly so it doesn't become bitter (2 minutes). Then add the raw rice and sauté.
- Add enough homemade chicken or vegetable broth to cover the rice and chicken and apply 2 fingers. Season with black pepper and salt. Cook over medium heat and when dry, lower the heat and cover the pan. The rice needs to be a little soggy to help the consistency of the dumplings.
- Set aside the chicken (still hot) and let it cool slightly. When you can handle it, without burning yourself, shred all that chicken. Return to the pan and mix well. Then put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Now break 1 egg (to bind) and mix everything with finely chopped chives. Make balls of 40g each.
- breading: Dip the balls in the flour, then in the beaten egg and finally in the panko flour. Fry in oil at 180 degrees until golden. Serve with any sauce of your choice. It goes very well with hot sauces.
Did you like this recipe?
You may also like