Sirloin curry with Japanese cucumber salad in yogurt sauce
View in original language
- Grouper fillet in 2.5cm cubes500 g
- Onion1/2 unit(s)
- Coconut milk200 ml
- Curry powder1 dessert spoon
- Ginger Powder1 teaspoon
- Salt1 dessert spoon
- Filtered water100 ml
- Soft boiled rice to taste
- Peeled Japanese Cucumber1 unit(s)
- Fresh chopped coriander to taste
- Grated skinless tomato1/2 unit(s)
- Natural yogurt4 tablespoon
- Olive oil1 dessert spoon
- Lemon juice1/2 unit(s)
- Soybean oil1 tablespoon
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and then into 1/2 cm slices. Add salt, mix and place in a colander on top of a bowl to lose liquid. Let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes wash the cucumber in filtered water rubbing to remove excess salt. It should be soft and crispy at the same time. Taste, if you need to wash again.
- Add yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice. Mix and return to the fridge.
- Season the grouper cubes (or available white fish) with salt to taste. In a large skillet or pan, sauté the onion in oil until golden. Add coconut milk, water, curry, ginger, grated tomato. Season with a pinch of salt, stir until you get a homogeneous sauce.
- Add the fish to the sauce boiling over medium heat and stir carefully to incorporate. Cook for 5 minutes, turn off the heat and let it rest for thirty minutes.
- Turn on the heat, add the cilantro. If needed, add a few more tablespoons of water. Taste and adjust the salt if necessary.
- Serve with rice, salad and be happy.