Quick Tilapia Moqueca
View in original language
- Tilapia fillets cut into pieces | 4 unit(s)
- Onion, sliced medium | 1 unit(s)
- Green bell pepper, chopped into squares | 1/2 unit(s)
- Minced garlic - cloves | 2 unit(s)
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, halved | 12 unit(s)
- Coconut milk in glass | 200 ml
- Squeezed lemon | 1 unit(s)
- Salt and pepper | to taste
- Palm Oil - optional | 1 tablespoon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil | 2 tablespoon
- Cut the fillets into pieces and season with salt, pepper, squeezed lemon, and leave to marinate in the fridge for about 10 minutes. While the fillets get the seasoning, cut the onion into medium slices, chop the garlic, the pepper into squares and the tomatoes in half.
- Take a thicker pan and make a layer with the onions, place the pieces of fillet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon of palm oil (optional).
- Turn the heat to medium-low and distribute the tomatoes, peppers and garlic. Pour in the coconut milk, lower the heat and cook for about 30 minutes, without stirring, as this is the secret of the moqueca.
Serve with white rice and your favorite farofinha.
Did you like this recipe?