prawns al ajillo
View in original language
- Clean medium pink shrimp (if you want more flavor, keep the head)500 g
- Garlic Cloves10 unit(s)
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- sweet paprika1 teaspoon
- Spicy paprika1 coffee spoon
- Parsley and cilantro to taste
- Olive oil1/3 cup
- Salt to taste
- Dry white wine1 cup
- Slice the garlic into thin slices and heat in a frying pan with the cold oil. Let it heat up slowly and release the flavor. When the garlic starts to brown, remove and set aside.
- Season the prawns with the spices and salt. Toast the prawns in this garlic oil over high heat quickly to maintain their tender texture.
- When the shrimp are almost done, bring some of the garlic, the white wine and let the alcohol in the wine evaporate. If you can, flambé. Finish with finely chopped herbs and serve immediately with toasted bread.