Fried sardines with cornmeal
View in original language
- Fresh sardines with skin, clean and open | 1 kg
- Cornmeal | 1 cup
- Squeezed lemon | 1 unit(s)
- Garlic and salt | 1 to taste
- Black pepper and fine herbs seasoning (optional) | 1 to taste
- Oil for frying | 1 to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving | 1 unit(s)
- Garlic Cloves | 3 unit(s)
- Place the sardines on a platter, add the lemon juice, garlic, salt and seasonings. Leave at room temperature to marinate.
- Place the cornmeal on a plate, season with salt and mix. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Place a skillet with about half a cup (tea) of oil over medium heat to heat up - the amount of oil may vary depending on the size of the skillet.
- Remove the sardines from the seasoning and let the excess broth drain. Pass through the cornmeal, breading well on both sides - press gently with your hands to stick.
- When the oil is hot, gently place the breaded sardines. Fry until golden (about 2 minutes each side)
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve next with lemon wedges.
Did you like this recipe?