Dogfish and shrimp moqueca
View in original language
- Dogfish - Cut into Medium Cubes | 1.5 kg
- Tomato - Peeled and Sliced | 3 unit(s)
- Green Pepper - Sliced | 2 unit(s)
- Red Bell Pepper - Sliced | 2 unit(s)
- Medium Purple or Regular Onion - Sliced | 2 unit(s)
- Coriander - Chopped | 1 to taste
- Chives - Chopped | 1 to taste
- Salt | 1 to taste
- Black pepper | 1 to taste
- Coconut milk | 200 ml
- Palm oil | 1 tablespoon
- Garlic | 2 unit(s)
- Olive oil | 1 teaspoon
- Lemon | 2 unit(s)
- Broth or Sazon of lemon or shrimp | 2 unit(s)
- Pink Shrimp | 1 kg
- Cottage cheese - Optional | 2 tablespoon
- Butter | 1 teaspoon
- Cut the dogfish into medium cubes and place in a bowl.
After putting 2 squeezed lemons and adding salt to taste.
Let it marinate for 1 hour.
After 30 minutes turn the dogfish to marinate on both sides.
Then withdraw and reserve
- Clean the prawns and place them in a bowl.
After putting 1 or 2 squeezed lemons depending on the amount and adding salt to taste.
Let it marinate for 15 minutes.
Then withdraw and reserve
- Put the garlic and a little oil in a large pan and sauté until the garlic is golden.
Then lower the heat to a minimum and gradually add the ingredients as follows.
Note: The ingredients must be placed gradually and in layers. Don't put it all at once.
For example - Don't put all the tomatoes in the pan at once, i.e. you will have 2 or more layers of tomatoes.
1- First layer of tomato;
2 - Second Layer of Green Pepper
3 - Third layer of onion;
4 - Fourth layer of Dogfish;
At this point, you can gradually add the shrimp broth or the lemon seasoning.
5 - Fifth layer of Red Pepper
Repeat the order of ingredients above again until you run out.
After adding the whole coconut milk, increase the heat and leave for approximately 40 to 60 minutes with the pan closed.
Every 15 minutes stir gently to make the ingredients uniform.
When there are 10 minutes left, add the palm oil and stir to add the oil to the sauce.
Taste to check the salt.
- When you are finishing the third step, start preparing the shrimp.
In a large frying pan, add a little oil and butter and fry the prawns on both sides.
Observation - Shrimp are fried very quickly, that is, as soon as they turn white and a little pink, they are ready to be removed. It's just a scare on both sides.
Then withdraw and reserve.
- At the end, with the maqueca practically ready, add the prawns to the pan and also add a little cilantro and chives and stir everything gently.
You can also add 2 tablespoons of curd if you like.
And it's ready!!!
Did you like this recipe?