Cod and broccoli rice
View in original language
- White rice | 2 cup
- Broccoli | 1 unit(s)
- Cod in chips | 300 g
- Garlic Head | 1 unit(s)
- Rosemary sprigs | 5 unit(s)
- White peppercorns | 10 unit(s)
- Black olives | to taste
- Eggs | 5 unit(s)
- Thyme sprigs | 5 unit(s)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil | 100 ml
- Bay leaves | 2 unit(s)
- Separately blanch the broccoli leaves and flowers in 5 cups of lightly salted water. Boil them for a minute in this water and then put them in a bowl with lightly salted water and ice.
- In this same boiling water add 5 cloves of garlic, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and peppers. Boil for 5 minutes, add the cod, turn off the heat, cover the pan and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Drain and reserve the cod cooking water. Discard the herbs, reserve the cooked garlic cloves and shred the cod (reserve 3 tablespoons of this cod for the presentation).
- Cook the rice in 4 cups of the cod cooking water, reserving the rest of this water.
- Make the garlic crunchy (see tip)
- In a food processor or blender, blend the leaves and half of the broccoli flowers with the cooked garlic until you have a paste. Add some of the cod cooking water to help process.
- In a large pan or skillet, add the processed broccoli, shredded cod and broccoli flowers. Heat for 2/3 minutes before serving. Serve with the olives, a 6-minute hard-boiled egg per person, fried garlic over rice or on the side and a few reserved cod flakes. Drizzle everything with the crunchy garlic oil.
Did you like this recipe?