Breaded tilapia with shrimp sauce and golden potatoes
View in original language
- Tilapia fillet01 kg
- Clean gray shrimp01 kg
- medium chopped onion01 unit(s)
- Chopped tomato02 unit(s)
- Garlic Clove03 unit(s)
- Cornmeal for breading the fish01 cup
- Lemon to season the fish01 unit(s)
- Ground black pepper01 to taste
- Potatoes, diced01 kg
- Olive oil to taste
- Coconut milk100 ml
- Parsley / chives / coriander to taste
- Red and yellow peppers (half/half)01 cup
- Place the potatoes in salted water, leave for 5 minutes after boiling, drain and set aside. Pre Heat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 min, then in a refractory place the drained potatoes and add enough oil to cover all the potato cubes to brown evenly, move with your hands, after 15min turn them over, keep an eye on them until golden and soft inside (I didn't take the skin off to get a rustic look).
- For the sauce: add the oil of your choice to the pan (olive or palm oil), place the chopped onion, the chopped pepper, after 2 minutes add the crushed garlic in 1/2 tablespoon of salt, let it thicken a little and add the chopped tomatoes, add 1 cup of water and let it boil and reduce a little, finally add the coconut milk. Reserve
- For prawns; take a frying pan with a little oil, let it heat up well, then sauté the prawns in parts for about 2 min on each side, they have to be pink and soft, do this process until you finish all of them, they will finish cooking in the sauce . Reserve
- For the fish; season with salt, black pepper and lemon, let it rest for no more than 10 minutes, take a refractory in cornmeal and coat the fillets, fry them in hot oil, two at a time, if the pan is large, it can be 3, when they are golden remove and leave on paper towel to absorb the fat.
- Finally, turn on the sauce fire again, put the shrimp, let it boil and if you need to add a little more water ok, as soon as it boils, turn it off. Place the fillet on the plate with the shrimp sauce on top, the golden potatoes, and if you want white rice or green salad to accompany it.
Did you like this recipe?
You may also like
breaded tilapia fillet
Golden Potato with Broccoli
Tilapia in sauce
Tilapia fillet in shrimp sauce