Bacalhau Gomes de Sá (Easy for Holy Week!)
View in original language
- Cod in chips | 500 g
- medium potato | 6 unit(s)
- Bay leaf | 2 unit(s)
- Egg | 4 unit(s)
- Clove Garlic | 6 unit(s)
- Onion | 1 unit(s)
- Parsley | 1 cup
- Pitted Black Olives | 1 unit(s)
- Olive oil | 1 cup
- Salt and pepper | to taste
- Wash the eggs, potatoes and parsley well
Peel the potatoes, cut into medium cubes and set aside.
Boil 3L of water in a pan with 2 bay leaves. Blanch the cod flakes for 3 minutes, remove the flakes with the help of a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In this same water place the potatoes, and let it cook for about 10 to 15 minutes. They need to be al dente, at medium cooking point. (they will still be sautéed and baked). Reserve the cooking water.
Meanwhile, boil a small pot of water. Add the eggs and cook for 8 min. Drain and place in a bowl of cold water.
- In another pan, place 4 tablespoons of oil, and sauté the diced onion. Without letting it brown, put 4 cloves of garlic cut in blade and brown for 2 min.
- Add the boiled potato, stir carefully so as not to break the potatoes, season with salt and pepper to taste, drizzle with another drizzle of olive oil and let it sauté over high heat for another 2 min. Now add the cod in flakes and half the chopped parsley, cooking for another 2 min.
Take everything to a roast, and bake for 15 min in a preheated oven at 230C or in the browning function.
- Remove the cod from the oven, place and finish with the egg cut into quarters, pitted black olives and the rest of the parsley. Drizzle with a little more oil and serve with white rice cooked in the same water that cooked the cod and potato.
- chef's tips
✔️ You can do it with frozen and desalted cod.
✔️ Don't you like it or won't cod? Make it with tilapia, but only put it at the end when browning. Scald it quickly in the water and then shred it in your hand! Remember to season with a little salt and pepper.
Did you like this recipe?