French Lentils with Carrots and Spinach
View in original language
- Green lentils (or any type)300 g
- Chopped Carrots2 unit(s)
- Chopped Onion1 unit(s)
- Garlic cloves cut in half2 unit(s)
- Diced Smoked Tofu50 g
- Washed spinach leaves1 cup
- bay leaves4 unit(s)
- Sauté the onion in a little oil until lightly browned. Add the tofu, garlic, bay leaf and carrots. Cover with about 4 fingers of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the washed lentil season with salt after about 15 minutes. Cook until soft. The time varies according to the type of lentil, but the average cooking time is 30/40 minutes.
- If you notice that the water is drying up and the lentil is still very hard, add a little more water and cover the pan so the water doesn't evaporate. Taste and adjust the salt.
- When done, add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
Did you like this recipe?
You may also like
Vegan Lentil Meatballs