Couscous Farofa with Gizzards
In a partnership with@delirec
View in original language
- Chicken gizzards400 g
- Corn flakes2 cup
- Chopped red onion1/2 unit(s)
- Red and green bell pepper1/2 unit(s)
- Chopped Tomato1 unit(s)
- Lemon1 unit(s)
- Green smell to taste
- Fresh bay leaves and rosemary to taste
- Salt, paprika, cumin and paprika to taste
- Olive oil3 tablespoon
- I started by cleaning the gizzards well, squeezed lemon, covered them with water and let them soak for 20 minutes. After that time I washed the gizzards well, transferred them to a pressure cooker with 1 bay leaf and rosemary leaves, a little salt and paprika, put 500ml of water and took it to the fire, cooked for 15 minutes under pressure.
- While the gizzards were cooking, I put the Flocão to hydrate, seasoned it with a little salt, moistened it with water and left it hydrating for 20 minutes.
- I turned off the heat, removed the pressure from the pan, the gizzards need to be soft, no need to overcook.
- Drain the broth and transfer the gizzards to a frying pan with olive oil, when they start to turn golden I add onions, tomatoes and peppers.
- I transferred the hydrated flake to a couscous bowl and cooked it over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- I transferred the cooked couscous to the skillet with the Gizzards and mixed well, adjusted the seasonings, turned off the heat and finished with green smell.
Did you like this recipe?
You may also like
Tapioca with margarine
Pave Of Pineapple