Coconut Rice with Coalho Cheese: simple, easy and DELICIOUS
View in original language
- White rice | 1 cup
- Garlic Cloves | 2 unit(s)
- Chopped Onion | 1 tablespoon
- Coconut oil | 1 tablespoon
- Coconut milk | 1 cup
- Cold water | 1 cup
- grated coconut | 3 tablespoon
- Coriander | 1 to taste
- Coalho cheese (to taste) | 100 g
- Wash the rice, drain well and set aside. If you use unwashed rice, that's fine. In the pan, put the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until wilted well. Add the rice and sauté for a minute. Put the salt and add the coconut milk and water, stir and leave on medium heat until the liquid decreases.
- When the coconut milk and water are almost completely dry, cover the pan, lower the heat and let it cook for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave covered for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the Coalho cheese into small cubes and brown in a frying pan. non-stick, or iron, without any oil. Just keep stirring and it turns golden quickly.
- Now, stir the rice to make it fluffy, finish with fresh coconut, curd cheese and cilantro, if you like.
- TIPS: I only put coconut when it's fresh, I prefer not to use the packaged ones in this rice, but it's up to your taste. If you are going to use a packet, I suggest you put it together with the milk in the rice cooking. However, if you are going to use fresh coconut, it is ideal to put it only at the end along with the cilantro and cheese. Fresh coconut is softer and the flavor is delicious, it gets better if placed at the end of the day.
Did you like this recipe?
You may also like
Cassava Dadinho with Coalho Cheese
Rice with Cheese
Bean Risotto, Dry Meat and Coalho Cheese