classic white sauce
View in original language
- 150 g of butter150 g
- 1 medium onion, chopped1 unit(s)
- 1 cup (tea) of wheat flour (110 g)1 cup
- 1 liter of milk1 l
- Salt and grated nutmeg to taste0 to taste
- Melt the butter and sauté the onion over low heat until wilted.
- Add the flour and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Keep on low heat, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and nutmeg to taste and use the white sauce.