Creamy Polenta with Shredded Chicken
In a partnership with@delirec
View in original language
- Boneless chicken breast cut into pieces500 g
- Hot water1 l
- Chopped Onion1/3 cup
- Chopped Garlic1 dessert spoon
- Tomato sauce2 cup
- Medium cornmeal1.5 cup
- Bay leaf1 unit(s)
- Sweet paprika1 tablespoon
- Fresh thyme sprig1 unit(s)
- Sprig of fresh rosemary1 unit(s)
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil1 dessert spoon
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- In a pressure cooker, place the chicken, hot water, bay leaf, paprika, rosemary and thyme branches and salt.
- Mix everything, close the pressure cooker and cook for 15 minutes after opening the pressure.
- Remove the pressure from the pan, remove the chicken pieces and shred. Discard the bay leaf and seasoning sprigs and reserve the cooking water.
- In a pan, heat the oil and brown the onion and garlic. Add the sauce, shredded chicken, pepper and salt, mix and cook over low heat.
- In another pan, heat the chicken cooking broth and when it starts to boil, add the cornmeal previously diluted in cold water.
- Season with salt and stir well over low heat until thickened.
- Serve the polenta accompanied by the shredded chicken with sauce.