Chicken with Okra a Mineira
View in original language
- Thigh and drumstick | 10 unit(s)
- Okra | 2 kg
- Garlic (clove) | 10 unit(s)
- Large onion, finely chopped | 1 unit(s)
- Oil (enough to fry the chicken | to taste
- Salt | to taste
- Scented Pepper | to taste
- Black pepper | to taste
- Green Smell | to taste
- Cut each piece of chicken in half. In advance, season the chicken with garlic, salt, black pepper and let it marinate for as long as possible.
Put oil in a large, thick pan to fry these chicken pieces. Fry and drip water until the chicken is well fried and golden.
- While the chicken is frying, DO NOT WASH THE OKABO, clean it with a damp dish towel, that way it will be clean and will not drool. After cleaning the chop into medium slices, it also helps not to drool by chopping a little bigger.
- Sprinkle a little salt on top of the okra and spread evenly. In another pan, add a little more oil and fry the okra without stirring. Moving the okra makes him drool even more.
- After about 20 minutes of frying, it's time to drain the okra oil and set aside.
- By this time your chicken should be very well fried. So now it's time to drain the oil from the chicken in another pan and leave just a little oil on the chicken. Add the okra with the chicken, let it fry well until the okra starts to brown. If you find it too dry, add more oil to the chicken that already has the okra.
- Now it's time to get some boiling water and pour it over the chicken pot with okra until it covers. Let it boil until you see that this sauce is full-bodied, always leaving the pan semi-covered.
- Correct the salt and other seasonings if necessary, wait for this sauce to dry a little and that's it. Turn it off and you can serve.
Did you like this recipe?