Shortcrust pastry for quiche and empanadas
View in original language
- Flour | 250 g
- Butter | 125 g
- Egg Yolk | 1 unit(s)
- Water | 50 ml
- Salt (to taste) | to taste
- On a smooth and clean surface or on a silicone mat, place the flour and butter at room temperature and cut into cubes. Mix with your hands until the butter is evenly distributed.
- Make a small hole and add the egg yolk, water and salt inside. Work the dough with your hands.
- Form a ball with the dough, cover with transparent film and take it to the fridge for 20 min.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and remove the dough from the fridge. Roll out the dough on a smooth surface sprinkled with flour. It should be thin, with a thickness of 2 millimeters.
- If using for quiche, place the dough in a pie tin. Fit tightly around the edges and cut off the excess dough. If you are going to use it for empanadas, use a mold of the size you want.
- Baking time in the oven is about 20 min for empanadas and 45-60 min for quiche (depending on the filling).
Did you like this recipe?
You may also like