quiche on bread
View in original language
- Loaf baguette or Italian or Portuguese bread (with hard crust)2 unit(s)
- Egg6 unit(s)
- Sour cream1/2 cup
- Nutmeg to taste
- Ham150 g
- grated mozzarella200 g
- Parsley2 tablespoon
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Cut a deep “V” out of the top of each baguette to about 1/2 inch to the bottom and remove the top. Dig the baguettes as far as possible, keeping the baguette skins intact. It is very important not to puncture the crust when cutting the tops and removing the filling. Set the hollow baguettes aside and reserve the tops and removed filling for another recipe.
- Beat the eggs and cream, then mix in the remaining ingredients. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Place the baguettes on a baking sheet and fill each one with half of the egg mixture.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 35 to 30 minutes IN A PREHEATED OVEN TO 180 degrees or until golden, puffed and eggs are set. Remove the buns from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Cut each baguette into pieces and serve.
Did you like this recipe?
You may also like