Chicken pie (20x20 cm shape)
View in original language
- Wheat flour | 300 g
- Butter | 180 g
- Gem | 1 unit(s)
- Beaten egg for brushing | 1 unit(s)
- Shredded Chicken | 250 g
- Palm Heart (glass) | 1 unit(s)
- Can corn | 1/2 unit(s)
- Wheat flour for the filling | 1 tablespoon
- Milk | 1 cup
- Catupiry or cream cheese | 200 g
- Green Smell | to taste
- Tomato Extract | 1 tablespoon
- Salt | to taste
- Black pepper | to taste
- Chopped Onion | 1/2 unit(s)
- We start with the stuffing: in a pan, sauté the chopped onion. Add the chicken, hearts of palm and corn, saute.
- add the tomato paste, mix well and then add the flour. saute
- add the milk and let it build up and become creamy
- Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Finish with green smell.
- put the stuffing in the fridge, it must be cold before putting it in the dough; otherwise the mass withers.
- for the dough: in a bowl add the flour and the cubed cold butter. Knead the cubes of butter with your fingertips until everything turns into a wet crumb. Add the salt.
- add the yolk and start to form a dough with your hands. If needed, add a little water. It's a very crumbly dough, not so easy to work with, but it's ok anyway!
- line the bottom of the mold with half the dough. Fill with stuffing.
- microwave the cream cheese just to make it easier to spread, spread it over the filling.
- open the rest of the dough with the roll with the help of cling film on top and bottom. Put the dough on top.
- brush well with a beaten egg and bake at 180 degrees for approximately 50 minutes or until golden brown.
Did you like this recipe?