Vegan bolognese with soy meat
View in original language
- Pasta of your choice | to taste
- Textured soy protein | 1 cup
- boiling water | 2 cup
- Vinegar | to taste
- Onion | 1 unit(s)
- Garlic Head | 6 unit(s)
- Peeled Tomatoes (can) | 1 unit(s)
- Tomato Pulp | 200 g
- Carrot | 1 unit(s)
- Soy sauce | 5 tablespoon
- Various spices | to taste
- Sugar | 1 tablespoon
- Start by hydrating the soy protein: put it in a container with boiling water and a little vinegar. Let it rest for about 10/15 minutes
- Meanwhile, cut the carrot into small cubes, chop the onion and squeeze the garlic. It can be two very small onions or one large
- Start by sautéing the onion and then add the garlic and carrots. Capriche in the sauté, as it will give the flavor to the soy meat!
- Add the soy protein and stir over medium to high heat for a while. It is good to toast the protein well so that it starts to create a crust
- Add the shoyo and stir more, until everything is well incorporated. Then add the other seasonings: I used black pepper, paprika, tabasco and a mix of dried herbs called “meat seasoning”. You probably won't need salt, as the shoyo will already salt your meat - it will depend on the amount of shoyo added
- After stirring a lot, add the can of peeled tomatoes, stir again, and add the tomato pulp. Maybe you also wanted to add some hot water to make the sauce more runny.
- Add a little sugar to regulate the acidity of the tomato. If you have added water, leave the fire on medium to low temperature so that your bolognese reduces to the desired point!
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the box and add it to the bolognese sauce. Now just enjoy this vegan delight! 😋
Did you like this recipe?
You may also like
Vegan soy protein, delicious
The best Vegan Bolognese