View in original language
- Whole milk | 2 cup
- Oat flakes | 1 cup
- Flaked oats for sprinkling on top | to taste
- Honey | 1/2 cup
- Organic Yeast | 1 tablespoon
- Cold butter | 4 tablespoon
- Warm water | 1/2 cup
- Whole wheat flour | 3 cup
- White wheat flour | 2 cup
- Salt | 1 tablespoon
- Beaten egg for brushing | 1 unit(s)
- Heat the milk in a medium saucepan over low heat until it is hot but not boiling.
- Turn off the heat, add the oatmeal and let it cook with the lid on, stirring occasionally, until it is lukewarm.
- In a bowl, mix the warm water, yeast and honey, and leave for five minutes, until frothy.
- Add this yeast mixture to the oatmeal
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole-wheat flour, white flour and salt.
- Add the oatmeal and the melted butter and mix with a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead with floured hands, adding just enough flour to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands.
- Form a ball and transfer to a large, oiled bowl, turning the dough inside it to coat it with a film of oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it ferment for 1 to 1 ½ hours, until doubled in size.
- Divide in half and mold the buns to fit the molds.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave to ferment for another hour, until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, brush the top of the buns with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the oatmeal.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 40 minutes.
Did you like this recipe?