Picanha Baked in the Oven,.
View in original language
- piece of picanha1 kg
- egg whites4 unit(s)
- coarse salt1 kg
- wheat flour60 g
- fresh thyme sprigs to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC (high temperature).
- In a bowl, place the egg whites, coarse salt, flour and mix quickly with a spoon.
- In a baking dish, place 1/3 of the coarse salt mixture and spread it with your hands until you get a layer the size of the meat. Sprinkle the thyme over the coarse salt and place the picanha on top of this layer, fat side up. Engage the picanha evenly with the rest of the coarse salt mixture and press so that it is very firm.
- Put the sirloin steak in the oven, lower the temperature to 200°C and bake for 1 hour to serve the meat medium well. If you like the meat well done, let it bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. For rare meat, 40 minutes is enough.
- The layer of coarse salt after roasting becomes a very hard and slightly golden plate. With the help of a knife, remove the plate and scrape the excess salt from the meat.
- Place the meat on a board and cut it into very thin slices. If you want, place the thick salt plate again over the sliced meat and serve next.