Mignon with mustard sauce
View in original language
- Fillet mignon brain seasoned with salt, herbs of proof, black pepper and olive oil | 1 kg
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil | 3 tablespoon
- Minced red onion | 1 unit(s)
- Djon mustard | 2 tablespoon
- Mustard Grain | 2 tablespoon
- Yellow Mustard | 2 tablespoon
- Whiskey or cognac | 30 ml
- Honey | 2 tablespoon
- Salt | to taste
- Fresh cream | 400 ml
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, herbs of proof (thyme, rosemary, basil) and olive oil on all sides and let the seasoning set for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Heat a skillet, and when hot, sear the meat on all sides for approx 1 min on each side.
- Place on a baking sheet, cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180 for:
20 min if you want it rare
25 min if you want to the point
30 min if you want it well done
- While the meat is cooking, prepare the sauce:
- In the same skillet where the meat was sealed, add the oil and sauté the red onion for 2 min. Add the whiskey or cognac and flambé.
- When the flame goes out add all the mustards, honey and cream, adjust the salt, lower the heat and let the sauce thicken for 7 minutes. (if you use cream from a box, just add it, mix and turn off the heat, no need to boil)
- Remove the meat from the oven and wait 5 min before slicing (important for the meat juices to return to place)
- Slice the meat and serve with the sauce on top.
- Tips for serving:
🔹 white rice and potato straw
Did you like this recipe?