Mignon with mustard sauce
View in original language
- Fillet mignon brain seasoned with salt, herbs of proof, black pepper and olive oil1 kg
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil3 tablespoon
- Minced red onion1 unit(s)
- Djon mustard2 tablespoon
- Mustard Grain2 tablespoon
- Yellow Mustard2 tablespoon
- Whiskey or cognac30 ml
- Honey2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cream400 ml
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, herbs of proof (thyme, rosemary, basil) and olive oil on all sides and let the seasoning set for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Heat a skillet, and when hot, sear the meat on all sides for approx 1 min on each side.
- Place on a baking sheet, cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180 for: 20 min if you want it rare 25 min if you want to the point 30 min if you want it well done
- While the meat is cooking, prepare the sauce:
- In the same skillet where the meat was sealed, add the oil and sauté the red onion for 2 min. Add the whiskey or cognac and flambé.
- When the flame goes out add all the mustards, honey and cream, adjust the salt, lower the heat and let the sauce thicken for 7 minutes. (if you use cream from a box, just add it, mix and turn off the heat, no need to boil)
- Remove the meat from the oven and wait 5 min before slicing (important for the meat juices to return to place)
- Slice the meat and serve with the sauce on top.
- Tips for serving: 🔹 white rice and potato straw 🔹 salad 🔹Moroccan couscous