Mignon medallions with cognac and mascarpone
View in original language
- Mignon medallions (180 gr each) | 4 unit(s)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil | 4 tablespoon
- Butter | 25 g
- Salt | to taste
- Black pepper | to taste
- Cognac to flambé | 3 tablespoon
- Crushed garlic | 3 unit(s)
- Mascarpone cheese | 2 tablespoon
- Fresh thyme | to taste
- Season the medallions with salt and pepper on all sides.
- In a very hot skillet, put the oil and add the medallions. Leave for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves, turn the meat over and leave for another 2 minutes. Meanwhile put the butter giving a "bath" in the medallions.
- Flambé with the cognac.
- Turn off the fire. Remove the medallions from the skillet and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the mascarpone to the skillet with the heat off and stir until it dissolves completely, forming a sauce.
- Return the meat over the sauce (turn on the fire and leave it for 1 min just to warm up)
- Finish with fresh thyme on top.
🔸 the meat needs to be at room temperature and should only be seasoned when it goes to the skillet.
🔸 Medallions must be 2 fingers high.
🔸 this 2 min time is for the medallions to the point (very pink inside), if you prefer well done leave 3 to 4 min on each side.
🔸 you can replace mascarpone with milk cream or cream cheese.
🔸use an oil flavored with herbs (this one has thyme and rosemary)
Did you like this recipe?