Mignon medallions with cognac and mascarpone
View in original language
- Mignon medallions (180 gr each) | 4 unit(s)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil | 4 tablespoon
- Butter | 25 g
- Salt | to taste
- Black pepper | to taste
- Cognac to flambé | 3 tablespoon
- Crushed garlic | 3 unit(s)
- Mascarpone cheese | 2 tablespoon
- Fresh thyme | to taste
- Season the medallions with salt and pepper on all sides.
- In a very hot skillet, put the oil and add the medallions. Leave for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves, turn the meat over and leave for another 2 minutes. Meanwhile put the butter giving a "bath" in the medallions.
- Flambé with the cognac.
- Turn off the fire. Remove the medallions from the skillet and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the mascarpone to the skillet with the heat off and stir until it dissolves completely, forming a sauce.
- Return the meat over the sauce (turn on the fire and leave it for 1 min just to warm up)
- Finish with fresh thyme on top.
- TIPS: 🔸 the meat needs to be at room temperature and should only be seasoned when it goes to the skillet. 🔸 Medallions must be 2 fingers high. 🔸 this 2 min time is for the medallions to the point (very pink inside), if you prefer well done leave 3 to 4 min on each side. 🔸 you can replace mascarpone with milk cream or cream cheese. 🔸use an oil flavored with herbs (this one has thyme and rosemary)
Did you like this recipe?
You may also like
Filet Mignon Stroganoff
Filet Mignon Medallions in Madeira Sauce
Filet Mignon Medallions with Mushrooms and Cherry Tomatoes