Filet Mignon Stroganoff
View in original language
- Filet mignon cut into strips600 g
- Fresh Paris mushroom, sliced300 g
- Chopped Onion1 unit(s)
- Squeezed garlic3 unit(s)
- Ketchup2 tablespoon
- Mustard2 tablespoon
- Worcestershire sauce2 tablespoon
- Tomato Extract2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh cream400 ml
- Cognac to flambé2 tablespoon
- Season the meat with just the black pepper. Heat a high non-adherent skillet with a drizzle of olive oil (leave it hot) and seal the meat, gradually. Go golden and remove from the pan. Then sprinkle salt over all the meat and set aside.
- Heat in the same pan (it will have the bottom of the meat that has been sealed, that gives the special touch!) more oil and sauté the onion and when it starts to brown, add the garlic and leave for 2 minutes.
- Add the meat and flambé with brandy until the alcohol evaporates. Put all the seasonings (mustard, ketchup, tomato extract, Worcestershire sauce) mix.
- Stir and add the mushrooms. Mix everything, lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for about 3 minutes. Add the cream and leave for another 5 minutes to 10 minutes on low heat until the cream begins to thicken.
- Taste for salt and adjust if necessary. Finish with parsley.
- TIP: you can use can and box milk cream, in which case mix and turn off the fire without having to boil.
Did you like this recipe?
You may also like
Filet Mignon Bokas Serrano
Beef and cream
Filet a Parmigiana
Filet Mignon with Mustard Sauce