Artagão Oxtail Rice
View in original language
- Oxtail | 1 kg
- Chopped Carrots | 200 g
- Chopped Onion | 200 g
- Minced Garlic Clove | 4 unit(s)
- Red wine | 300 ml
- soy sauce | 50 ml
- Vegetable broth | 2 l
- Onion finely chopped for finishing | 1 unit(s)
- Garlic finely chopped for finishing | 2 unit(s)
- Fresh washed organic watercress | 1 unit(s)
- Chopped Seedless Chili Pepper | 1 unit(s)
- Parmesan cheese | 1 cup
- cherry tomato | 500 g
- Butter | 100 g
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil | to taste
- Tomato Passata or Tomato Sauce | 500 g
- Wheat flour | 300 g
- Thyme | 1 unit(s)
- Blonde | 1 unit(s)
- Coriander | 1 unit(s)
- Risone | 500 g
- Marinate the oxtail with diced onions, carrots, garlic, soy sauce and red wine, thyme and bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste, preferably overnight
- Separate the oxtail from the marinade and the vegetables from the liquid;
Coat the oxtail in wheat flour and brown in olive oil, set aside;
Add to the same pan, the vegetables sieve and brown well;
Add the liquid and tomato sauce;
Return the oxtail, and cook in a covered pan on low heat, for about 2 hrs or until it releases from the bone.
- Separate the meat from the sauce and shred/there, reserve;
Strain the sauce and chill. Once frozen, separate the fat that will rise to the surface, reserve;
- In a large skillet or casserole, sauté the garlic and onion from the checkout!
Sauté the risone (yes, we will use the rhinoni instead of the rice!) once golden add the reserved cooking broth. From now on the risone will be cooked to al dente as instructed on the package.
With 2 minutes left of the packaging time, add the shredded oxtail and the cherry tomato cut in half.
Keep stirring and tasting to confirm the point. Once the cooking point is reached, add the grated cheese, butter, chili pepper and chopped coriander!!
Serve with the washed watercress leaves and a drizzle of olive oil!
Did you like this recipe?