sweet potato brownies
View in original language
- Coarse flaked oats | 1/2 cup
- 100% or 70% cocoa powder | 1/2 cup
- Aged sugar or brown sugar | 3/4 cup
- Salt | 1/4 teaspoon
- Mashed sweet potato | 1 cup
- Peanut Butter | 1/3 cup
- vanilla extract (optional) | 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder | 1 teaspoon
- chocolate chips | 1/2 unit(s)
- Chopped walnuts (optional) | 1/2 cup
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 °. Grease a 18cm x 18cm baking dish or pan.
- Use a food processor to blend the oats, sugar, cocoa powder and salt until very fine.
- Sweet potato puree should be made with the baked potato. Cut into large pieces and place to bake, remove and mash to make the puree
- Add the sweet potato puree, peanut butter and vanilla extract, beat again until the ingredients are well blended. The dough is creamy, dense and heavy.
- remove the blade from the processor and add the chocolate chips and the chopped walnuts
- spread the dough in the prepared pan, set aside and bake until firm, with a crispy crust on the outside, but still moist on the inside, around 20 to 25 minutes
- Wait a few minutes before unmolding and let it cool completely before slicing.
Did you like this recipe?