Homemade butter (herb and garlic version)
View in original language
- Cream600 ml
- Salt to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Garlic to taste
- Mix the previously cold cream in a mixer using a whisk or a specific whisk for making butter.
- If you choose the mixer, in the initial part of the process start at low speed for 1 to 3 minutes then change to high speed for some time.
- It will start to form simple whipped cream, that's a good sign, from there the magic will begin.
- Continuing at high speed will produce 2 products, raw butter and buttermilk. When the butter starts to form, you can add as much salt as you like.
- Once fully formed you can strain the butter, it's up to you whether you want to use the buttermilk for other options.
- Once strained, you can add parsley and finely chopped garlic to taste. You can freeze or refrigerate.
- For this quantity of cream and corresponding to 250 to 400 grams of final butter