Taiyaki - stuffed Japanese pancake
View in original language
- Wheat flour | 150 g
- Sugar | 3 tablespoon
- Yeast | 1 teaspoon
- Bicarbonate | 1 teaspoon
- Egg | 1 unit(s)
- Whole milk | 200 ml
- Stuffing of choice | 500 g
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, except the stuffing. It will form a smooth pancake batter.
- In the special pan that goes to the fire, heat and grease the 2 parts with oil.
- Put some dough in the pan just to cover the bottom and then put the stuffing preferably, be careful not to exaggerate and overflow.
- As soon as you put the stuffing already cover with more dough and immediately close the shape and turn the top to the flame and thus bake both sides.
- Use medium heat, as soon as both sides give a light golden color you can turn on a plate and do the rest.
- It may be difficult at first, but then it takes practice. This form of pancake is in the shape of a fish and is very famous in Japan as a street food.
The filling can be cream like I used, azuki paste, Nutella...
Did you like this recipe?