View in original language
- Neck Pumpkin | 1 kg
- Refined sugar | 500 g
- Cinnamon stick | 2 unit(s)
- Cloves | 4 unit(s)
- grated coconut | 100 g
- 1. Peel and cut the pumpkin into pieces, the smaller the pieces, the less cooking time.
2. Place all the ingredients (except the coconut) with a little water in a heavy-bottomed pan, mix, cover and let the sugar melt over low heat.
3. When there is enough water in the pan, uncover the lid and let it cook on low heat, stirring occasionally.
Cooking time depends on the squash, but takes no less than 30 minutes. If the pumpkin is good and very sweet, it cooks faster, otherwise you can add a little more sugar.
4. Halfway through cooking, when the squash is soft, crush the pieces that are still whole.
5. Add the grated coconut and mix well.
6. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the desired consistency is reached. This candy can be thicker or more liquid, to taste, but the cooking time cannot be too long, to prevent it from getting dark, losing its flavor, and the sugar crystallizing.
7. Once ready, remove the cinnamon pieces and cloves.
8. It goes very well with white cheese or curd.
9. Store in the fridge.
Did you like this recipe?