🇬🇧United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland•
View in original language
- fresh cream1 cup
- whole milk1 cup
- 1/3 cup caster sugar1 cup
- vanilla bean1 unit(s)
- Colorless gelatin sheet3 unit(s)
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 10 minutes;
- In a saucepan, heat the cream, milk, vanilla and sugar, but do not let it boil. Turn off the heat and add the hydrated gelatin [first squeeze with your hands to remove excess water], stirring well until dissolved;
- Strain the mixture [just to ensure that no gelatine clumps remain in the middle of your panna cotta];
- Place the panna cotta in bowls and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with toppings of your choice.
- Tip: avoid serving directly the panna cotta that you just took out of the fridge – it gets much creamier if you take it out of the fridge about 15 minutes before serving!