View in original language
- Canjica | 500 g
- Large Coconut | 1 unit(s)
- Coconut milk glass | 1 can(s)
- Sugar (we use demerara here) | 8 tablespoon
- Cinnamon sticks | 2 cup
- Leave the hominy to soak for 12 hours. Discard the water, rinse and place in a pressure cooker, cover with water, add 4 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon stick, mix.
- Meanwhile, remove the shell and cut the coconut into small pieces and put it in a blender with 1 l of warm water, let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn on the blender and blend until well blended.
- Cooked hominy add the beaten coconut mix.
- Take it to the low fire, add the rest of the sugar and the coconut glass, mix.
- Leave on low heat Until it thickens, keep stirring.
- Taste add more sugar if needed.
- Let it boil until it boils, turn off the heat.
- Serve with ground cinnamon or paçoquinha.
Did you like this recipe?